Saturday, May 28, 2016

Roseline Poderyki Young

Hi all, I apologize for being delinquent in corresponding with my class members that made OHS such a great and comfortable environment!!! Henry and and I always enjoyed the full and mini reunions we attended. Sadly the last 1 1/2 years have been a personal rollercoaster of illness that has swung between disaster and hope... Henry became ill with what we thought was sciatica and I was diagnose with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer.  Luckily I have been able to tolerate the chemo very well. Sadly after a couple hospitalizations that Henry miraculously recovered from, the surgeon discovered late stage gastric Cancer 
(hard to diagnose early ) at the end of November during surgery that we thought would resolve his gastric issues. He passed away on Feb.28.   I am back on chemo for a second time and am trying to live day at a time (not as easy as it sounds).  I'm doing ok and have fabulous support from family (even though they live far away ) and friends.  I believe the friendships I formed at OHS laid the groundwork for the importance of friendship through out my life. I promise to be more up when I post again.  In fact , I'll start now by saying I was so very Lucky to have been married to Henry for 38 years that brought us closer with every passing year....

No comments: