Tuesday, October 18, 2016

We Mourn the Passing of Marie Scarfi Kooney



With great sadness we have learned of the passing of Marie Scarfi Kooney.  Marie will always be remembered for her beautiful smile and her warm personality. She was a dedicated member of the Class of '65 and will be sorely missed by all who knew her. Condolences to Rod and her entire family.
-Pook Siprin Bellini

Marie's OBITUARY

  
Thanks to Cliff Obenauer for letting us know about Marie: 
  "Our friend Marie (Scarfi) Kooney passed away Sunday night after a 5 year battle with brain cancer. The mass is Thursday 10/19 at 10am at St. Ann's on Eastern Ave in Ossining. with a lunch afterward at the Briarcliff Manor. I'm not sure where this is, but there should be more info at the mass. No details on a wake as yet, or if in fact there will be one." 
- Cliff Obenauer

No wake, just the mass. 
- Lillian Hiltsley


***SEE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS BELOW***

2 comments:

MARIEL said...

I have been thinking of her and Rod ever since I found out about it 5 years ago. I was a close friend of hers for many years and lost contact over the years. But she was on my mind many many times in disbelief that she could be so ill. I have chills
at this moment just hearing this news that I knew one day would come. I can't not even think of the words to send to Rod or his daughters. Just....she was such a beautiful person and she is with God. Thank God for being married for so many years and having a beautiful family.

Very Sincerely,
Marie Streany Lowris

Paul & Trudy said...

Our prayers are with Rod and his Family. Please read Corinthians 13 at Maries service. I learned that love is a true gift of God. God's love for you is always patient.
God Bless,
Paul & Trudy Denis