Mike Sellazzo was the glue that held our class together for the past 50 years. He was the perfect leader - he delegated assignments to the folks he knew would do the job and he checked in periodically to share ideas and provide encouragement. His dedication to the Class of '65 will never be forgotten and it was most appropriate that our 50th Reunion was dedicated to him.

During
the past few weeks since Mike passed away I have shared the
story of the beginnings of the blog with several people. It was
suggested that I share it with everyone.
I can still remember when I
first pitched the idea of the blog to
Mike. He and Laura were vacationing in Arizona in March of 2008 and
he walked from the condo they were renting to my house for a
visit. We talked about planning for a 45th reunion and I shared my
idea about creating a class blog. He told me to go for it and also told
me that David had been working on a directory and perhaps we should put
his directory and my blog together in planning for the the next
reunion. And so the partnership began. Mike, of course, was always
there to encourage us along the way.
Dedicating our 50th reunion to Mike is a well-deserved honor. We will all miss his great smile, his big heart, and his undying love of the Class of '65.
Dedicating our 50th reunion to Mike is a well-deserved honor. We will all miss his great smile, his big heart, and his undying love of the Class of '65.


No comments:
Post a Comment